Monday, June 15, 2009

A love song for a savior

In open fields of wild flowers,
she breathes the air and flies away
She thanks her Jesus for the daises and the roses
in no simple language
Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all
He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens
As close a heartbeat or a song on her lips
Someday she'll trust Him and learn how to see Him
Someday He'll call her and she will come running
and fall in His arms and the tears will fall down and she'll pray,

"I want to fall in love with You"

Sitting silent wearing Sunday best
The sermon echoes through the walls
A great salvation through it calls to the people
who stare into nowhere, and can't feel the chains on their souls

He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens
As close a heartbeat or a song on our lips
Someday we'll trust Him and learn how to see Him
Someday He'll call us and we will come running
and fall in His arms and the tears will fall down and we'll pray,

"I want to fall in love with You"

It seems too easy to call you "Savior",
Not close enough to call you "God"
So as I sit and think of words I can mention
to show my devotion

"I want to fall in love with You"

"my heart beats for You"






This has always been my favorite song, But I don’t think I even fully understand the song.



The bridge especially eluded me, “it seems to easy to call you ‘Savior’, not close enough to call you ‘God’.”



In my mind it always seemed to be reversed, it’s so easy to call you God but to call Him “Savior” is so hard. For so much of my life I struggled with this, though I didn’t fully realize this. I thought that finding “God” was simple. I thought, ‘look around you!’ Even in my darkest moments I couldn’t deny that there was a God out there, someone sustaining all being into existence. I struggled with the loving God, with Jesus and the message of salvation and freedom. Not to say I’ve somehow come to complete understanding of this, but in the past year or so I’ve come to see this loving God in such a real manner. God has been showing me what it means to have a savior. The freedom of His love.



Though, very recently I feel like God has begun to reveal to me the ‘next’ step in our relationship, which brings us back to our song. I feel like He is asking me to let him be Lord over my life. For the first time ever, that bridge has real meaning for me. I feel like God is asking me to let go of all the hope that I have placed in this world. He is asking me to let go of any expectations, loves, and plans I may have and to just surrender all to Him. To say, “God, this is for you.” The beautiful part of it is that I know it’s not because we are essentially slaves to Him, but because we are made for Him! To let Him fulfill me, to bring me joy through His will for my life.



It’s too easy to just call Him “Savior”, but He’s drawing me closer so I can begin to really call him “God”.

No comments: