Wednesday, February 3, 2010

In my head

For the last several months I've truly felt nearer to God than I have in a long time. Not to say that I am somehow holier, wiser, or less likely to make stupid mistakes. But simply that his love and his presence has been undeniable for me.

Out of his love he's burdened me a great deal. I do not fully understand the root or purpose of this burden but I know it is the seed of something great. I feel as an acorn might feel (if it had feelings). As it begins to sprout, losing daily its acorn-ness and yet having the vague sensation that it may be on the cusp of something far greater.




Several verses/stories have been on my heart for some time now. I've referenced them in other posts but I thought I would share them.

Genesis 22 - The Offering of Isaac
"Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. But the angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said, "Abraham, Abraham!" And he said, "Here I am."

Galatians 1:15-17
"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus."

Isaiah 6:8
"Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "'ere am I. Send me!'"

1 Samuel 3 - The Calling of Samuel
"The LORD came and stood there, calling as at the other times, 'Samuel! Samuel!' Then Samuel said, 'Speak, for your servant is listening.'"





"Every seed dies before it grows"

No comments: