Saturday, January 9, 2010

Obedience

The wonder and horror of being Christians is the numerous paradoxes you must accept. That it is not by reason that we are Christians but through lived experience. Only through living do we find that, some how, we have freely chosen Him and He has ultimately chosen us.

I'm finding that obedience must be like that. That somehow when I completely sacrifice my will to the will of the Lord I shall find that I am far more free than I was when I followed my own choices. That somehow, in Him I am far more me than I ever was by myself.

I think it's time I stop fooling around and lose myself in me and find myself in Him.

I have been crucified with Christ and no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

No comments: